Saturday 17 December 2011

6 days to go!

The girls are both done final exams and seem to be still somewhat sane.  They are now working the retail rush at their respective jobs experiencing their Dad's life and counting the days until we leave. 

I thought by going away for Christmas we would skip all the traditional activities we usually do.  Boy was I wrong.  Truth be told I just couldn't do it.  The house is completely decorated, baking was done, and we are celebrating Christmas Eve tonight complete with eggnog and our old time tradition of snacks for dinner in front of the Christmas tree picnic style.  Tomorrow we are having Christmas dinner with all the fixings.

I have just spent a fabulous morning listening to Christmas carols, and baking my mom's famous cinnamon buns.  My kitchen smells divine and Riley hasn't complained once about the music! (everyone else is at work)

We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas while we are away.  We hope you enjoy our adventure in Costa Rica as we try and keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment